Re: [Xen-devel] Libxenstat to be considered as stable?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Libxenstat to be considered as stable?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:16:19 +0100
Cc: Jan Michael <Jan.Michael@xxxxxxx>, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:15:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> As I'm going to write some kind of a monitoring sensor, which will use the
> same information "xentop" currently provides, I would like to know if
> libxenstat can be considered as stable? Will libxenstat be supported in
> future versions of Xen?

I'm not sure but I don't think libxenstat changes very often, however AFAIK
it's not guaranteed to stay stable either...

> Or is it rather advisable to get this information from the Xen Management
> API, which maybe provide the same data?

If you can do so then it might be a good idea; this would presumably make it
easier to do remote access as well.

> The sensor mentioned before will be written in C++.

You could also consider using RedHat's libvirt which attempts to provide a
virtualiser-agnostic tool (e.g. Qemu / KVM may be supported at some point in
the future).

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.