Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:00:45PM +0100, Christian Limpach wrote:
> >What I mean is that if we wanted to implement a 'xm monitor' command,
> >then XenD would need to launch QEMU with '-monitor pty' (or equivalent)
> >at which point you'd be unable to also have '-monitor vc' on the same
> >command line.
>
> Which is why the monitor option should take a string, it can then
> default to whatever is useable for "xm monitor".  "xm monitor" should
> imho be xm console with an option to make it connect to the monitor
> pty.

Yes, that would work pretty well - and shouldn't require much code at
all - 'xm monitor' impl would pretty much be identical to that for the
existing 'xm console' code, merely looking up a different PTY path in
XenStored.

> >I've not had any trouble with it myself, but I've not tested it much.
> >I was refering to the earlier mail in this thread
> >
> >http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-04/msg00222.html
> >
> >where Nishi indicated his motivation for wanting access to the monitor
> >via a VC was that block-configure wasn't reliable.
>
> You should have read the replies as well, before making claims that
> something doesn't work.

Sorry, that's cleared things up.

Dan.