[Xen-devel] Fix for broken installation?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Fix for broken installation?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:03:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:02:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've got a bit of a problem, and perhaps someone else knows the
solution:
I've just installed C/S 14791, and when I try to run "xend start", it
just sits there "forever" (several minutes at the very least). If I try
to use xm-commands (either by stoping the xend start or by using a
different connection to the same machine), it won't accept the command
because "Xend is not running".

Since I'm using a different machine for building and running xen, I
can't do "make uninstall".

I've tried to remove all files installed by xen
- by hand
- by "cd dist/install; find {boot, etc, lib, usr, var} -type f -exec rm
{} \;"

But of course, this doesn't remove files that were part of older builds
of Xen that aren't part of the current build.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

[strace tells me that some process is trying to read something, but it's
not getting anything - not quite sure what it's doing, and whether
that's actually related to the problem or not].

I had a working xen install yesterday, but I'm uncertain if the version
I built yesterday was actually working or not [I may have just copied it
across, rather than actually install it - just saying this to help
anyone who may think that "there's nothing between yesterday and today
that would have made a difference"]. The version I know for sure works
on the machine was from before easter].

--
Mats