[Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default

To: "Christian Limpach" <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:35:38 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:34:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Christian,

We noticed you removed the Qemu's default monitor & serial console in changeset
14609. As we didn't use qemu serial console frequently and also has "xm
console", it can be removed. But for qemu monitor, I think we'd better to keep
it by default, it is because it has become the important function of HVM.

1. We have to use monitor to switch CD-ROM files. This is significant when
installation with multi CDs.
2. We need to use monitor to send the short combined keys to HVM (e.g.
ctrl-alt-delete, ctrl-alt-f2 etc.). This is a "couldn't dropped" feature of
HVM. :)

So, how about adding it back?

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康