[Xen-devel] Re: Accounting in Credit Scheduler

To: rahul gundecha <rahoolgundecha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Accounting in Credit Scheduler
From: "Mike D. Day" <ncmike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:29:02 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 07:28:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/04/07 12:03 +0100, rahul gundecha wrote:

  Hi..
  I was going through wiki page of Credit Scheduler which says -
  " The scheduling decision is the common path of the scheduler and is
  therefore designed to be light weight and efficient. No accounting
  takes place in this code path. "
  So  where does the accounting process takes place. exctaly by which
  way accounting for CPU, different IO device usage is done. With the
  complex architecture of Xen, how does this accounting process is
  carried out?

The credit scheduler sets up a timer when it is initialized. It does
process accounting during the timer service routine.

The decision to schedule the next vcpu is done on a different code
path, and is optimized to be as fast as possible.

Mike

--
Mike D. Day
IBM LTC