Re: Ответ: [Xen-devel] state of guest at start-up

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ответ: [Xen-devel] state of guest at start-up
From: "Max Dmitrichenko" <dmitrmax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:11:54 +0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 00:10:43 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=f77/scy9mtHDsehGf+fjFFgljnnsBNrbuD2IBDTHre0KWegRKktAvm1PEFjFq9RhiA9qsEhRoRnimjjnjky9w8nk/Y5+ScowMzSiurZ+6s0IdRGNkSc8I5ioAfzyEMpMCObrSdvOIVc/Dxkg+yUrlKeLgRyiU7CBBfGT1DJB9ho=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2007/4/5, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 4/4/07 23:39, "Max Dmitrichenko" <dmitrmax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The strange thing is that I haven't explicitly enabled
> interrupts, i.e. I haven't written a zero to the event_upcall_mask of
> 0th VCPU. So why then the callback was called?

If you have called SCHEDOP_block at any point, that will automatically clear
evtchn_upcall_mask.

Yes, I did that call. Thanks for reading my mind :)

> Hm... I've always thought, that if running natively I would ask the
> APIC, OpenPIC or something similar about my processor ID. Why not to
> do this way under Xen? For example, Xen could make available a
> separate page which is private to any VCPU and this page will contain
> the number of it among other sweet things.

Noone does it that way.

Really? Then have a look at this: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/4/124 :))

>> If you don't include the shared_info page in your phys-to-machine map
then
>> dump-core will not dump the page contents.
>
> But update_va_mapping() includes the page in the phys-to-machine map,
> doesn't it? If not then how to do this?

If you're building a plain paravirtual guest then you own the
phys-to-machine map. Xen knows nothing about it and will not update the
phys-to-machine map (or the machine-to-phys map) when you do an
update_va_mapping.

Ok. Got it. Thanks a lot.

--
 Max