RE: [Xen-devel] Odd CPU Scheduling Behavior

To: "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Emmanuel Ackaouy" <ackaouy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Odd CPU Scheduling Behavior
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:03:49 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:06:29 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst I have no idea as to the answer of the original question, I would like
to point out that the scenario where two CPU-bound threads on a dual core
processor and four VCPU's sharing the same domain sharing the same core is
probably better for cache-hit-rate than sharing the VCPU's evenly over the
CPU-cores, and if I had a say in the design, I would aim to keep it that way.
[This may not be trivial to achieve, but if what you're saying is correct, then
it's a GOOD THING(tm)].

--
Mats