[Xen-devel] _domain in page_info structure

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] _domain in page_info structure
From: jeet <jeet_sat12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:55:52 +0530 (IST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:27:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I am looking into the get_page() function implementation in Xen
where I encounter the reference to _domain

nd = page->u.inuse._domain;

what this field is used for?

 I found comment in source ode about it

/* Meaning of the _domain field in shadow pages
 * --------------------------------------------
 *
 * In shadow pages, this field will always have its least significant bit
 * set.  This ensures that all attempts to get_page() will fail (as all
 * valid pickled domain pointers have a zero for their least significant bit).
 * Instead, the remaining upper bits are used to record the shadow generation
 * counter when the shadow was created.
 */

But I am not able to understand this.What is actual significance of this
variable?

Please provide your valuable replies.

jeet