[Xen-devel] Data broken during FTP test

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Data broken during FTP test
From: Hidetoshi Nishi <nishi.hidetoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:15:58 +0900
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:16:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Currently we have severe problem and are struggling to investigate it.
The problem is data broken.

Reproduce pocess is following,
  0. test FTP function between guest domain and FTP client(other PC).
  1. put data from FTP client to guest domain.
  2. get data from guest domain to FTP client.
  3. compare put data and get data on FTP client.
  4. repeat process from step1 to step3.
  5. create other guest domain his configuration including vif
definition during test repeating.

  It is more possible to be happen when some FTP tests are running at
same time.
  And at every moments data are broken when FTP client get data from
guest domain.
  When we set SG(scatter/gather) flag off with peth0 of domain0, data
are not broken.

  This problem is happened only particular NIC,
  08:04.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5715 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev a3)

  The following NIC case, we can not recreate the problem.
  04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708S
Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 11)

  Do you have any idea for investigating.

  Thank you.                                           Nishi