[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 13/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: Consistently wrap paravi

From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:24:45 +0100

> ugh. This is beyond ugly! Why dont we just compile two images, one for
> Xen and one for native, do two passes to get those two images and
> 'merge' them into a single vmlinuz (so that we still have a 'single'
> kernel unit to deal with on the distro side). This way we avoid all this
> crazy, limited, fragile patchery business...

Perhaps the problem can be dealt with using ELF relocations.

There is another case, discussed yesterday on netdev, where run-time
resolution of ELF relocations would be useful (for
very-very-very-read-only variables) so if it can solve this problem
too it would be nice to have a generic infrastructure for it.