Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS: new_pt_frame fails

To: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS: new_pt_frame fails
From: Grzegorz Milos <gm281@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:19:51 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Stecklina <der_julian@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 04:20:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm interested in blkfront. I'll port it to unstable and clean up if necessary.

Thanks
Gregor

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 15:32 +0100, Julian Stecklina wrote:
Hello,

as some might have read in my previous postings, I have a Mini-OS dom0
that constructs a Mini-OS domU on x86 xen-3.0.4-testing. As the memory
layout my Dom0 builds does not guarantee, that pages the DomU Mini-OS tries to
use as page tables are mapped to existing memory, I changed new_pt_frame
in arch/x86/mm.c in the following way:

Cool, on a related note I have recently written at blkfront for mini-os,
but not had time to cook up a proper patch for submission. This means
that my 'cstrap' bootloader now works from disk, as well as over HTTP.
If anyone would like to play with my minios blkfront please let me know.

The blockfront can also be found in my xen-3.0.3-based hg tree at
http://www.distlab.dk/hg/index.cgi/xen-evilman.hg

Regards,
Jacob