Re: [Xen-devel] arp during live migration

To: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] arp during live migration
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:30:12 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:28:46 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 6/3/07 22:59, "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems to me that the right thing to do here is to have the link up on
> the VIF in advance of the domain resuming on the target but I'm guessing
> that this would cause netback to have conniptions...

We'll have to think about this a bit. The carrier flag is currently being
used as a handy software flag inside netback to indicate whether the device
channel is fully set up or not. I think what you propose will essentially be
a reversion of one of Herbert Xu's patches from some time ago (where he
removed an explicit software flag and started using the carrier flag
instead).

 -- Keir