Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.18 kernel status

To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.18 kernel status
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:19:52 +0000
Cc: John Hannfield <hal9020@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:19:02 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:28:38AM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 5/3/07 23:53, "John Hannfield" <hal9020@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am just trying out the 2.6.18 kernel in xen-unstable.hg , but on doing a
> > make linux-2.6-xen0-build I'm getting to the following error.
>
> This is fixed but the patch is stuck in our staging tree until regression
> tests pass.

How about making your staging tree publically viewable so people get better
visibility into whether patches sent to xen-devel have been picked up and
integrated into the tree ? Sure, we don't want people to be actually working
against a staging tree, but I think being able to see what's coming along
in the staging tree would be good for transparency / communications with
the non-XenSource people whom are posting patches.

In this particular instance it would also allow for end-user testing of
the aforementioned kernel patch in parallel with the automated tests,
rather than serializing the test proces.

Regards,
Dan.