Re: [Xen-devel] Direct Ethernet Connection Bug (3.0.4-1)

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Direct Ethernet Connection Bug (3.0.4-1)
From: Timo Benk <timo.benk@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:28:06 +0100
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:27:46 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 2/2/07 11:53, "Timo Benk" <timo.benk@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If i start the Domain with the frontend-Device-Driver, i get the following
>> log message inside the domain hosting the backend-device-driver:
>
> Ability to map other guests' memory via grant tables is restricted to
> domains that have some privilege to access I/o memory. This is because of
> some unmap races in current grant-table code, allowing mapping domain to
> theoretically use a stale mapping in its TLB for a very short time after
> unmapping the foreign page.
>
> So, this crash indicates that you have not given any I/O-memory access
> privilege to the backend domain. Have you actually given it access to the
> Ethernet PCI device and its I/O memory and I/O port resources?

Hm, you are right, i have not given any domains any other privileges then
the default setup. Can you give me a hint where i can configure that?

For the PCI-Device: I do not have a PCI device.

I want a whole virtual, direct connection between two Domain-Us. That worked
at least in 3.0.2 for me, without setting any permissions.

| xendom1 |  | xendom2 |
| eth0----|--|--vif3.0 |

Greetings,
-timo