Re: [Xen-devel] about eventchannel

Hi,

> I try to understand the eventchannel part,
> and I am confused by the differences of the physical IRQ line ,virtual
> IRQ line and virtual IPI line

Physical IRQ lines correspond to actual IRQs from real hardware devices.
Guests receive an event channel notification for a physical IRQ line if there
is an interrupt generated by that device.

A virtual IRQ is something that is generated by Xen, e.g. the domain's timer
interrupt.

The virtual IPI lines are interdomain event channels, allowing domains to
notify each other (for instance to notify that there's data waiting for
processing in a shared memory buffer).

Cheers,
Mark

> for a vm , what do the physical IRQ line and virtual IRQ line mean for?
> Every vm has one or some vcpu ,then virtual IRQ line may be related with
> one of these vcpu , then what is the physical IRQ line for?
> I am really confused with it
>

> could someone give me help
> Thanks in advance

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.