Re: [Xen-devel] better console support

To: Joe Bonasera <joe.bonasera@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] better console support
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:55:29 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, edward.pilatowicz@xxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:55:20 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 25/1/07 18:47, "Joe Bonasera" <joe.bonasera@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The standard internal testing setup inside Sun that most
> people run with is debug Xen and debug dom0 both
> sharing either the VGA console or a single serial port console.
> We also see field support of the eventual product needing the
> ability to interact with both consoles on the same physical
> device.  So we want to make the dom0 just handle sharing the console
> as automatically as possible.

You can already detect if Xen has locked out com1 or com2: try reading one
of the UART registers (or perhaps write-then-read). If you get back all ones
then you're locked out.

Maybe a vgakeep flag would be useful. We could add a SIF_VGA_IN_USE flag or
something.

 -- Keir