[Xen-devel] Stabilisation phase for xen-unstable

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Stabilisation phase for xen-unstable
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:20:36 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:20:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks,

Lots of new features have been flying into the xen-unstable tree in the past
few weeks. These include: support for x86 PAE PV guests running on 64-bit
hypervisor, save/restore of HVM (fully virtualised) guests, and upgrade to
Linux 2.6.18. Inevitably all this new code will have introduced new bugs,
and now seems a good time to refocus on assessing the state of the tree and
work on cleanups and bug fixes.

Remaining large features which may be considered in the near future include
hardware-assisted paging for HVM guests (AMD NPT / Intel EPT), support for
mixed-mode PV guests (Gerd's domain builder patches) and a few other odds
and ends sitting in my todo queue (extendable grant tables, TCG BIOS
extensions, RCU, some x86_emulate changes). Apart from these items (which
are all fairly mature patches at this point) we are declaring *feature
freeze* for the next while, to improve stability and interfaces in the
run-up to 3.0.5.

 Thanks,
 Keir