Re: [Xen-devel] save/restore race

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 10:15:29PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Just ignore any new suspend request until you've got the frame list list
> rebuilt.

see xc_linux_save.c:

 667     live_p2m_frame_list_list =
 668         xc_map_foreign_range(xc_handle, dom, PAGE_SIZE, PROT_READ,
 669 live_shinfo->arch.pfn_to_mfn_frame_list_list);

1087                 if (suspend_and_state(suspend, xc_handle, io_fd, dom,
&info,
1088                                       &ctxt)) {
1089                     ERROR("Domain appears not to have suspended");
1090                     goto out;
1091                 }

We use the value long before the domain is told to suspend.

regards
john