RE: [Xen-devel] Problem with VLANs on tg3 NICs

> The problem is not with the bridge, the problem is with the tg3
> driver. I believe that any network utility on top of the tg3 driver
> would have the same problem, as the tg3 driver is stripping the vlan
> tags before it passes them on.

Presumably the tg3 driver works fine if you're just using vconfig to
'terminate' particular vlan's in the kernel?

Looking at the driver, you might want to try modifying tg3_rx to always
call netif_receive_skb rather than tg3_vlan_rx

The other thing you could do is to copy the driver out of 2.6.20 to see
if that helps.

Ian