[Xen-devel] Glossary of Xen terms? Common recipes?

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Glossary of Xen terms? Common recipes?
From: "Zulauf, John" <john.zulauf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:25:21 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:25:06 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reading the following left me longing for a glossary or Xen terms and acronyms, is their one?

> xc_map_foreign_* functions all actually take 'gmfn' -- that is the

> guest-apparent machine address. Paravirtualised guests usually see

> machine

> addresses, so gmfn==mfn. HVM guests have the translation done for

> them by

> the hypervisor, so they see gmfn==gpfn (guest pseudophysical frame

> number).

> Function prototypes and comments in xenctrl.h have unfortuantely

> not been

> updated to reflect this change.

Additionally, is there a list of “common recipes” for tasks such as sharing memory with HVM guests?  Adding devices to qemu-dm, or modifications to the rombios?

Thank you,

John