Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_HIGHPTE ???

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_HIGHPTE ???
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:03:46 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:03:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jan Beulich wrote:
What is the background of not allowing this option under Xen?

The hypervisor interfaces to mark a certain page a page table
pass a kernel virtual address as one of the arguments.  I guess
it might work with the page in question no longer having the
address briefly after the call, but I'm not certain...

--
All Rights Reversed