Re: [Xen-devel] receive-side network hangs on domU

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] receive-side network hangs on domU
From: "ron minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:41:59 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 06:41:55 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/7/06, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/12/06 9:18 pm, "ron minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's been (literally) 3 years since I debugged at this level, and I am
> rusty; any hints about how to hunt this bug down and kill it are most
> welcome. Or just hings on what we might have wrong in this port that
> could cause this behaviour.

You receive absolutely *no* traffic? I'd print ring indexes in netback and
work out what condition is causing it to discard packets that you should be
receiving.

Thanks, Keir. We caught it yesterday, it was a race condition in the
new driver -- we think :-) -- at least our bug fixes seem to resolve
the problem.

Now I can move on to pcifront :-)

I've gotta get a dual-core laptop as well, it would be nice.
ron