Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Trouble with TCP between domUs

To: dme@xxxxxxx (David Edmondson)
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Trouble with TCP between domUs
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 16:19:46 +1100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:20:01 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
David Edmondson <dme@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I worry about what seems like a lack of clarity around what checksum
> offload capability is assumed by a domain about its' peer.

In Linux we support protocol-neutral checksum offload.  This works
whereby the guest simply sets an offset where we should store the
final checksum and an offset where the checksum should be computed
from.

This way the dom0 operating system can always fill in for NICs that
don't support all protocols.

Cheers,