Re: [Fwd: RE: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Need help - Assigning PCI device to HVM W

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Need help - Assigning PCI device to HVM Windows domain]
From: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:00:45 +0200
Cc: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:01:13 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 04:49:59PM +0100, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> > For the IOMMU stuff, I wonder how far along the Calgary support is in
> > Xen.  Granted, the Intel and AMD versions will become ubiquitous and
> > Calgary almost certainly will not ...  Also tricks available
> > with stuff
> > like AGP apertures, right?
>
> Sure, there is some work ongoing for Calgary (according to Muli), but
> that is primarily targetted towards PV domains rather than HVM
> domains.

Correct, although in theory it should be fairly straightforward to
adapt it to FV domains. You would also need to work out a few things
such as interrupt delivery to the guest, but the mapping of IO space
to correspond to the guest physical mapping is simple enough.

To answer anball's question, the Xen-Calgary work is on a bit of a
hold at the moment as I'm working on bringing up the PCI-e version of
Calgary, CalIOC2, and a bunch of other things. I expect to get back to
the Xen bits pretty soon.

Cheers,
Muli