RE: [Xen-devel] Building unmodified_drivers fails in unstable x64XEN

To: "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Building unmodified_drivers fails in unstable x64XEN
From: "Nowatzki, Thomas L" <Thomas.Nowatzki@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:45:20 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:45:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian,

Thanks.  That was basically the issue.

I renamed the /usr/src/linux/include/xen subdirectory and I was able to
then compile the unmodified drivers.  (The filename of the PCI .ko file
was different than the one identified in the README file.)  I assumed
the README was a bit out of date.

I then copied the four files over to my Linux VM. And did an insmod on
the four .ko files.  They installed seemingly OK.  But when I did my I/O
test I got no performance difference whatsoever.  Did I miss something
or are my expectations incorrect.

Tom