[Xen-devel] Re: About change of CD-ROM

To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: About change of CD-ROM
From: "Kasai Takanori" <kasai.takanori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:10:20 +0900
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:10:54 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Thorolf,

Thank you for answer.

Changing CD-Rom during installation
- To change the installation-medium:
 Press CTRL+ALT+2 within Qemu, then enter:
 > eject cdrom
 Replace the medium
 > change cdrom /dev/cdrom
 Press CTRL+ALT+1 to return to the Linux-installation and continue

I tried this method, it was not possible to change second CD-ROM.
I installed it as follows.

(1) To change the install-medium, I pressed CTRL+ALT+2.
   It changes into qemu-dm console.

(2) To eject CD-ROM, I executed the following commands on Qemu.
     Qemu> eject hdc
   ==> But, CD-ROM was not ejected.

(3) To eject CD-ROM, I executed the following commands on Dom0 kernel.
     Dom0> eject /dev/cdrom
   I replaced the CD-ROM medium.

(4) To recognize the change of CD-ROM, I executed the following commands on Qemu.
     Qemu> change hdc /dev/cdrom

  It was confirmed as follows that CD-ROM had been recognized.
     Qemu> info block
  hdc : type=cdrom removable=1 locked=0 file=/dev/cdrom ro=1 drv=raw

(5) I pressed CTRL+ALT+1 to return to the Linux-installation.

(6) To continue Linux-installtion, I pressed OK button.

    ==> The following errors occur when the installation is restarted.
        It is not possible to continue Linux-installtion.

    # The Package hwdata-0.146.22.EL-1 cannot be opened.
    # This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package.
    # If you are installing from CD media thish usually means
    # the CD media is corrupt, or the CD drive is unable to read the media.
    # Press <return> to try again.

Is there the mistake found as a method that changes the installation medium?
Or, is the mistake environmental setting?
Is there a point that should be noted?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

--