Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] tap:qcow causes dom-U to hang in 3.0.3

To: Roland Paterson-Jones <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] tap:qcow causes dom-U to hang in 3.0.3
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:58:15 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 05:58:35 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:34:16PM +0200, Roland Paterson-Jones wrote:

> Ewan Mellor wrote:
>
> >Could we see your /var/log/xen/*  and the output of xenstore-ls?
> >

> I suspect this part of the xenstore-ls may be significant:
>
>   error = ""
>    backend = ""
>     tap = ""
>      1 = ""
>       2049 = ""
>        error = "2 getting info"
>
> Is there somewhere I can get more info on the cause of the error? Also,
> given that the error seems 'sticky', in that 'xm shutdown' and 'xm
> destroy' don't appear to be able to get rid of the tap device, how do I
> identify where the tapdisk (or whatever) process is stuck?

I think that this might be misleading.  This error will be recorded when the
frontend comes up if the backend isn't yet ready, but once the backend becomes
ready, the frontend should retry.  It looks like that retry has been
successful (everything is in state 4 == Connected) so the error message is
bogus (we should actually delete that error when the connection completes
successfully).

I don't see any other smoking gun in your logs, I'm afraid, and I'm out of
ideas.  I'll see if we can repro this.

Ewan.