[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] "xs_read(): uuid get error" of qemu-dm

To: Masami Watanabe <masami.watanabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] "xs_read(): uuid get error" of qemu-dm
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:18:44 +0000
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Zheng, Jeff" <jeff.zheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:19:09 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/11/06 3:46 am, "Masami Watanabe" <masami.watanabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> since c/s 11840, qemu-dm process is <defunct>, and the qemu log says
> "xs_read(): uuid get error" in guest reboot.
> This is because of being not able to read yet when qemu-dm reads
> vncpasswd from xenstore.
> (xend has spawned qemu-dm before writing vncpasswd to xenstore)

This was supposed to be fixed by c/s 12187.

If it hasn't, we need to fix xend to write the passwd before starting qemu,
and/or qemu needs to treat failure of the xs_read() as an indication that
there is no authentication.

What do you think is the problem? Is the passwd getting written after qemu
is started and hence racing the xs_read() in xenstored?

We don't want to work around this with a timeouts.

 -- Keir