[Xen-devel] Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfront driver impacted?

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Getting rid of xenbus_suspend(): tpmfront driver impacted?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:17:12 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 04:17:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm planning to get xenbus_suspend() as part of work to move device
reconnection work all to the restore side of save/restore. This will make
restarting a suspended guest much easier if save/restore/relocation fails
for any reason.

Currently the only consumer of xenbus_suspend() is the tpmfront driver. So
this is mainly a heads up that, whatever it is doing with that hook, it'll
need to find some way round it. Perhaps it can use techniques employed in
other frontend drivers to do all the necessary work on resume?

 -- Keir