[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fr

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fritzcard USBin domU)
From: Hans-Christian Armingeon <mog.johnny@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:43:04 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 13:43:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

thank you for your quick reply.

Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 18:13 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> [...]
>
> What version of xen are you running?

Oh sorry, I forgot.

xen_changeset          : Thu Oct 12 15:28:59 2006 +0100 11748:af1aa35265eb

kernel 2.6.16.29

> It might be worth confirming that it's scheduling issues causing the
> problem by arranging to pin your domains' VCPUs such that the fax domain
> is guaranteed a physical CPU to itself.
>
> It also might be worth trying latest xen-unstable as there have been a
> few minor fixes to the credit scheduler since 3.0.3-0 that might effect
> this scenario.

I'll try that. Is the current xen unstable safe for production systems? I've
been using unstable, and had no problems. Have there been any dangerous patches?

Johnny