Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 3.0.3rc3 qcow image created with qemu-img not usable

To: Timo Benk <timo.benk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 3.0.3rc3 qcow image created with qemu-img not usable?
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:59:21 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:59:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Timo Benk wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
You cannot attach block devices to Domain-0.  Furthermore, you cannot
attach non-raw file-based block devices to paravirtual domains.
I can and Xen can do so too :-)

Sorry, I forgot about blktap...

blktap requires a certain cluster size for qcow images IIRC. That's probably why qemu-img doesn't work.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I just followed the description in [1].

And the point is as i have explained: it works with qcow-create created
images but not with qemu-img created images.

I do not know if that is by design or a bug.

IMHO the Xen qcow format is compatible with qemu so it should work.

[1]http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.0.3-testing.hg/tools/blktap/README

Greetings,
-timo