[Xen-devel] netback in domain != 0 - not disconnected

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] netback in domain != 0 - not disconnected
From: Bastian Blank <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:36:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:36:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks

I tried netback in a domain != 0. I can connect and use it without
problems. The entry in the xenstore looks like
|    backend = ""
|     vif = ""
|      18 = ""
|       1 = ""
|        domain = "test2"
|        handle = "1"
|        script = "/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge"
|        state = "4"
|        frontend = "/local/domain/18/device/vif/1"
|        mac = "00:16:3e:74:64:d1"
|        vifname = "vif-test2.0"
|        online = "1"
|        frontend-id = "18"
|        feature-sg = "1"
|        feature-gso-tcpv4 = "1"
|        feature-rx-copy = "1"
|        hotplug-status = "connected"

Now I shutdown the frontend domain and the domain remains in a zombie state:
| # xm list | grep test2
| Zombie-test2                      18      128     1 ---s-d    19.1

The backend entry in xenstore did not change and the interface in the backend
domain did not disappear.

If I read the the netback code correctly, the frontend sets state to 6
(closed) at this time. I tried to do that by hand but nothing happened.

I use xen-unstable 11560 as hypervisor and 11536 as kernel.

Bastian

--
It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
                -- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3