Re: [Xen-devel] Testing status of HVM (Intel VT) on 64bit XEN unstable c

To: Ed Smith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Testing status of HVM (Intel VT) on 64bit XEN unstable c/s 11616
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:42:20 +0100
Cc: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:42:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ed,

any chance you can test with debug=y ? The back-traces aren't
really very useful otherwise.

It'd also be good to know what the h/w platform is - AMD or Intel.

>- NEW: 32bit SMP HVM Guests hang on boot:
>   "Uncompressing Linux... OK booting the kernel" (failure.6)

By '32bit' do you mean PAE? What guest is this? What's the guest
config? I cannot reproduce this myself on 11616...

>- NEW: 64bit UP and SMP guests crash domain on boot:
>   domain_crash_sync called from vmx.c:2268 (failure.5)

This looks like the same bug to me, also cannot repro.
Once more, guest + guest config info would be useful.

>  2. XEN crash on an xm destroy of a dead guest
>     32bit SMP HVM guest:
>     Fatal page fault - put_page_from_l1e+0x85/0x140

Hmm - when you say "GUEST CRASHED IN GUEST CONSOLE", what actually
happens? Can you post the output? Have you seen this post 11486, or
has it gone away?

Can you let us know what guest and guest config you are using?

Testing with a debug build of Xen will also help.

>  3. XEN crash running ltp "mtest01 -p80" on 32bit SMP HVM guest:
>     BUG at multi.c:2864 from sh_page_fault__shadow_3_guest_3

This is probably the same as #2, just taking a different path through
Xen. Have you seen this post 11486, or has it gone away?

[Again: guest, guest config, debug xen]

>  4. XEN crash running ltp "mtest01 -p80" on 32bit SMP HVM guest:
>     BUG at multi.c:3958 from sh_clear_shadow_entry__shadow_3_guest_3

May be related to #2 and #3.

[Again: guest, guest config, debug xen]

cheers,