[Xen-devel] Re: [MINIOS] Add stuff for generating assembler symbols in M

To: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [MINIOS] Add stuff for generating assembler symbols in Makefile
From: Grzegorz Milos <gm281@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:47:16 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:50:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What is it exactly you need these symbols for (I don't know much about genassym myself)? It strikes me that this is all specific to ia64 at the moment, and therefore should be handled by Makefile in arch/ia64. The resulting header file should also be put somewhere there as well.

Of course if you convince me generation of symbols is possible/useful for x86 then we can make it global to all archs.

Cheers
Gregor

Hi,

for the ia64 port of the mini-os I need to generate some symbols from
C-headers for the assembler code.
I have attached a patch of extras/mini-os/Makefile to handle this (see
GEN_ASSYM_... parts).
Thanks.

Dietmar.
<mini-os_genassym.patch>