[Xen-devel] [RFC] Virtualisable NIC support in XEN

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Virtualisable NIC support in XEN
From: Greg Law <glaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:11:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:12:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

[Apologies if this makes it to the list twice; yesterday's posting seems to have gone AWOL.]

The attached is an RFC from Solarflare on a proposal for using virtualisable NICs in Xen. Such NICs can be accessed directly and safely by each guest, in order to get better performance.

This is work that we presented at the recent Xen summit.

At this stage, our main goal is to generate discussion on the overall approach we describe here. But we've also included our proof-of-concept implementation, and we welcome comments on that too.

Please direct all comments to the xen-devel list.

You can main us directly via xen at solarflare dot com.

Cheers,

Greg