[Xen-devel] Re: [patch] make ELF functions static

To: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch] make ELF functions static
From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:03:53 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:04:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 16:15 -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> Hi Ian, these functions should be static. It would only be a style issue
> except PowerPC actually #includes elf.c twice, to support both 32- and
> 64-bit ELF binaries. Please apply.

Unfortunately they are referenced from outside this file
(xen/arch/x86/domain_build.c).

I'm not sure what a good short term fix for you would be. Perhaps some
preprocessor/CFLAGS magic to name them xen_elfnote32_foo and
xen_elfnote64_foo when compiling powerpc?

Hopefully long term the 32-on-64 work that is going on will lead to ELF
code which doesn't need to be multiply compiled.

Ian.