[Xen-devel] Re: [POWERPC/IA64] Updates required due to loader changes

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 17:11 +0900, Horms wrote:

>   2. kexec creates these notes from within the hypervisor,
>      but I beleive that your code has linux create the notes,
>      while the hypervisor just reads them.

That's right, the notes I'm using are included statically in the kernel
at compile time and are used by the domain builder to create the correct
environment for that kernel. Previously the same data was included as a
string in a special __xen_guest section and the notes are a pretty
direct translation of that.

> I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment to cast your eyes
> over my elf code.

I'm not realy an expert on ELF files but FWIW your append_elf_note()
looks like it creates the right note layout to me.

I'm not sure what final_note() is for since I don't think notes are
"NULL-terminated" but rather are constrained by the size of the ELF
section or segment that they are in. Also it could just be a memset ;-)

Ian.