[Xen-devel] Increasing Xen Heap on IA32?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Increasing Xen Heap on IA32?
From: Jesse Gross <jegross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:16:11 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:16:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am working on a research project that is based around Xen and I am running into memory constraints with the default 10 MB heap size. I have tried increasing directmap_mbytes in asm/config.h as well as increasing the size of the Xen virtual address space and changing the segment descriptors. However, this results in an unknown interrupt message on boot after the message "Using APIC driver default".

There must be something else that I need to change to get this to work. I'm assuming that the unknown interrupt is caused by either a page fault exception or a segment violation.

Any ideas?

Jesse