Re: [Xen-devel] How to invoke hypercalls

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to invoke hypercalls
From: antoinet <xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:54:04 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:54:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I compile this with:

as -o helloworld.o -a=helloworld.l helloworld.s
ld -Ttext 0x100000 -o helloworld.elf helloworld.o

Unfortunately, i don't get any output (or better: i don't know where the
output goes to). If I check the logs, the domain seems to shut down
normally:

[2006-08-13 16:50:53 xend.XendDomainInfo] INFO (XendDomainInfo:818)
Domain has shutdown: name=HelloWorld id=24 reason=poweroff.

Console output doesn't get logged, but you can connect to the console
automatically when the domain is created by adding option -c to the end of
your 'xm create' command line.

I also tried the -c switch, but i still can't get any output... Do you have any idea why it is so? btw: i also tried to do the HYPERCALL_console_io the new way, i.e. by calling in the hypercall_page, without success.
Thanks,
Antoine