Re: [Xen-devel] Re: A race condition in xenlinux exit_mmap

I agree.  This is why we never submitted it, and I
wanted you to understand that it was a "data point"
and not an answer.

regards,
-b

hanzhu wrote:
This patch just fail the sanity check. It should fix the bug. However, it didn't fix the root cause.
I'm afraid Keir will not allow to add another VM_XXX flag.

Best Regards,
hanzhu

Ben Thomas дµÀ:

Xin,

I'm attaching a patch that we've been using since late May/early June to
address an "Eeek" issues. Since we applied the patch, we haven't seen the
issue.  As this was some time ago, I cannot recall if this is the same
problem that you're seeing now. The patch wasn't submitted, as it isn't
particularly clean. It's one of the many "some day soon" patches that we
need to get resubmitted after a bit more work. I attach it here, not because
I believe that it is "the answer", but as a data point for you.

-b
     /*
* NOTE! We still have PageReserved() pages in the page