[Xen-devel] Interrrupts and IPIs?

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Interrrupts and IPIs?
From: "Apparao, Padmashree K" <padmashree.k.apparao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:09:02 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:09:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I have dom0 and a guest on the same cpu: cpu0. However, when I look at interrupts and ipis (with Xenperf) I get the following. There is nothing going on Cpu3 so why the high number of IPIs? I have done a reset of the counters, but after I run my workload on the guest cpu3 IPIS go from 0 to 210276

(Dom- has only 1 cpu and xm vcpu-list shows the other 3 cpus in blocked state. The guest has only 1 vcpu).

Also what does the counter PG_need_flush tlb flushes count?

Thanks

-          Padma

Total

Cpu0