RE: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains

To: "Steve Ofsthun" <sofsthun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven Smith" <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:14:12 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:14:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>Have you built the guest environment on anything other than a 2.6.16
> >>version of Linux?  We ran into extra work supporting older linux
> versions.
> >
> > #ifdef soup will get you back to about 2.6.12-ish without too many
> > problems.  These patches don't include that, since it would
complicate
> > merging.
>
> I was thinking about SLES9 (2.6.5), RHEL4 (2.6.9), RHEL3 (2.4.21).

Steven's patches should be easy to back port given that we already have
real PV drivers for all these kernels.

Source for strictly unofficial (non vendor Supported) xen-ports of these
kernels are available at http://xenbits.xensource.com/kernels
2.6.5 sles9sp2; 2.6.9 rhel4u1; 2.4.21 rhel3u5

Ian