RE: Xen bootloader (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Roadmap proposal)

To: "John Levon" <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "yhlu" <yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx>, rminnich@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Xen bootloader (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Roadmap proposal)
From: "Lu, Yinghai" <yinghai.lu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:40:38 -0700
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Loehr <MLOEHR@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:41:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You need to make sure the format can be handle by kexec. It could handle
elf, linux kernel, grub.exe (for multiboot?), ...

Maybe it is off topic.
I am considering to use LinuxBIOS in hvmloader...then it could only
support Linux ( with etherboot and FILO can load kernel from network or
HD then kexec ). I can reuse LinuxBIOS ACPI code ...

If the guest OS need BIOS call, we may need to use ADLO and BOCHS to
feed the OS....----for windows and BSDs...

YH