Re: Xen bootloader (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Roadmap proposal)

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xen bootloader (was: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Roadmap proposal)
From: yhlu <yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:12:47 -0700
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Loehr <MLOEHR@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:13:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kboot is some kind of initrd that it will be loaded by first kernel.

the core is first kernel that has kexec built in. and another kexec
util in user space can load the final kernel.

I'm using LinuxBIOS->first kernel-->initrd-->kexec the xen.gz.

the current kexec already support multiboot image that xen is using.

So do you mean the kexec
1. from dom0, that is used to restart xen and dom0
2. or kexec in domU that will load this own first kernel then the
final kernel in the domU.?

YH