[Xen-devel] [patch] domain builder rewrite, guest kexec

To: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [patch] domain builder rewrite, guest kexec
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:46:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 05:47:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Hi folks,

I've just uploaded my current state of the guest kexec and domain
builder rewrite work.

Booting a new kernel via kexec starts working now, I can boot to the
login prompt with a ttylinux rootfs on a ramdisk, so you can start
playing with it.  It's far from being bug-free though, xenstore is
broken for example.

The new libxc domain builder code is in use here all day and runs stable
too, although I'm using it with 32bit only at the moment.

More verbose description is here:
http://www.suse.de/~kraxel/xen/kexec.html

Patch against unstable is here:
http://www.suse.de/~kraxel/patches/domain-builder-kexec-master-xen-10647.diff