[Xen-devel] How to map HVM guest virtual address to MMIO space?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] How to map HVM guest virtual address to MMIO space?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:33:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:21:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm writing some code to test my new x86_emulate_memop() function in
QEMU, and I'm "stuck"... I want to map the VGA memory (one page at
0xB8000 in guest-physical memory) to some completely different virtual
address (say 0x4000000 for arguments sake). I've got a paging-enabled,
with a 1:1 mapping (for easy of coding), and it works fine to run the
code (now that I've figured out the correct values to shift the virtual
address when setting the page-table up). But when I try to map the VGA
memory, it doesn't seem to behave like I want - it's not recognised by
mmio_space(). How should I do this?

As far as I understand, just setting the correct entries in the page
table to point to 0xB8000 should do it, right?

[It's still quite possible that there's more bugs in my code, I'm just
asking this in case I've missed something (else)...]

--
Mats