Re: [Xen-devel] FW: Is it a correct place for VBD information?

To: "Satoshi Uchida" <s-uchida@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] FW: Is it a correct place for VBD information?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:46:25 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:53:12 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 28 Jun 2006, at 02:15, Satoshi Uchida wrote:

In Linux net/core/net-sysfs.c., the 'fmt' representation is used by statistical data.
In the other, it is used literals or define show function directly.
Therefore, representation will be not unified in detail.
(Perhaps, macro is not better in net/core/net-sysfs.c)

Using a macro for the function makes sense here, rather than duplicating a multi-line function block.

I think that it is useful for recognizing data type and interesting,
and so used fmt representation.

In Linux, "\n" is written in format even if using literals.
However, I think that above representation is interesting and
want to use idea if using literals.

Please comment, using fmt macro or literals.

Literals are clearer here. Then the macro invocations read like a printf() style of call.

 -- Keir