Re: [Xen-devel] domU to domU configuration

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] domU to domU configuration
From: harish <mvharish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:37:37 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:38:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While I was waiting for a response, I ran some tests. Noticed that I got a 40% increase in throughput going from using 1 bridge per domU vs. using just one bridge for both the domUs. Can someone articulate as to where the benefit is coming from?
Also noticed that from xentop stats that the difference in cpu utilization for dom0 in the two cases is around 30%. Is this difference because of the time spend serving interrupts in the former case? Does dom0 take into account the interrupt processing time?
Am using xm vcpu-list and xentop to get a idea of the cpu cycles used? Are there any other tools in Xen to show cpu utilization data?

thanks,
harish