Re: [Xen-devel] Powernow-k8 support

On 13 Jun 2006, at 13:20, Christian Roessner wrote:

I searched around inside the NVidia forum and I found 2 patches, which I applied to the hypervisor and to nv.c. Now, CPUfreq is working fine here
and I successfully use the nvidia driver. I have attached both patches.
Maybe someone else may have the same problem, so in this thread he/she
may find all neccessary info, whatever.

I'm surprised the nvidia driver works at all without this patch.

Only one thing left ist the problem with the line

line 1058     /* __update_vcpu_system_time(current); */

But everything is working with this solution. What should this be for?

Time may temporarily run at the incorrect rate for a short while (less than a second). It's not that critical.

I have noticed one other interesting thing with Xen: openVPN is nomore
able to initialize any tunnels. Does this have something to do with the
__update_vcpu_system_time function?

No. That's just weird. I wouldn't expect this to have any effect on openVPN.

 -- Keir