Re: [Xen-devel] Powernow-k8 support

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Powernow-k8 support
From: Christian Roessner <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:48:28 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:49:08 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have activated debugging. The output is attached.

dmesg.gz is the native kernel with debug enabled
both others are self explaining ;-) ; also debug enabled

Thanks in advance
Keir Fraser schrieb:

> On 11 Jun 2006, at 16:49, Christian Roessner wrote:
>
>> After booting, I get the following message in Dom0-dmesg:
>>
>> powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version 1.60.0)
>> powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB or ACPI _PSS objects
>>
>> I tried to find answers in the mailing-list archive and with Google, but
>> could not find answers.
>>
>> Is there support in Xen? Are there any patches, I can download anywhere?
>
> Try adding cpufreq.debug=11 to your domain0 Linux kernel command line.
> That should get more debugging about what's going wrong. Also, what does
> boot output look like for native Linux? Perhaps it's possible to see
> where the cpufreq paths diverge for native versus running on Xen.
>
>  -- Keir

Tel.: 0641-2097252, Mobil: 0171-3611230
PGP: http://www.roessner-net.com/0x6B929997.asc